Systems Support Officer - IT
The Systems Support Officer (SSO) is entrusted with the responsibility of providing support for IT systems employed by the Union and reports to the Manager IT. The SSO will be involved in day to day operation of networks, servers and all the other services provided to in-house clients and as well for the ABU members. SSO has to coordinate and support ongoing system enhancements and upgrades. SSO has to involve in IT projects including evaluation, implementation, migration, installation, testing and any other ABU IT related work. The SSO is required to follow up with IT vendors on relevant matters.
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma in IT or IT related services from an accredited tertiary institution.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Kuala Lumpur.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Technical & Helpdesk Support or equivalent.
- Multitasking ability and excellent troubleshooting skills
- Trouble shooting in LAN/WAN network operations and PC/Laptop environment
- ISPs and email systems operation
- Installation, support and troubleshooting of Linux, Windows 7/8, Mac operating systems.
- Managing Windows 2008 / 2012 Server, LAMP, IIS, DHCP, Terminal Server, DNS, etc.
- Good working knowledge in MS Outlook 2010/2013/2016, MS Office 2010/2013/2016 and Acrobat
- Practical experience in MS Dynamic GP support & client installation
- Knowledge in firewall / network appliances configuration will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with virtualization technology such as Hyper-V, Citrix Xenserver & VMWare
- Web site development and operation
- Printer hardware & service troubleshooting and other network connected devices
- Good level of client relations and interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Independent, proactive, punctual and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to establish operational procedures including the establishment and operation of a help desk service.
- Programming skills.
Click here to download the complete job description.
Applicants for this position should apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV, photograph, details of educational qualifications, experience to date, salary sought and notice required to be given to current employer.
Application deadline: 10 April 2017.
Back to Top